RISOTTO WITH MALANOTTE RED WINE
Recipe from our friend Nando
- 450-500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 200 g round grain risotto rice (such as ARBORIO or CARNAROLI)
- 500 ml Jk.14 Malanotte Piave DOCG
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper
- Toast the rice until the rice is hot to the touch (but colour should remain pearly white, not turn brown). When toasted put aside.
- Place the vegetable stock in a pan with water and bring to high heat so the broth remains steaming.
- Heat oil in medium-low heated pan.
- Chop the onion finely, add to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft. Add a bit of water if it starts to get cooked too much.
- Add a glass of Jk.14 Malanotte Piave DOCG red wine and reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has been absorbed. Add more wine if needed.
- Add the toasted rice to the pan, together with the vegetable broth. Keep stirring, until the rice starts to dry. Add more broth if needed.
- When the rice is cooked (after 40-50 minutes), add salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and butter to make it creamy. Keep stirring.
- Take the risotto from the heat, taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan and guess what wine? Malanotte of course!